Tuesday, March 12, 2013

GERMANY!

Germany!  What are the chances that I would be able to go?  None!  But providence is greater than chance.  I'm going to Germany!  The country I am so fascinated with.  The place I've always wanted to go.  Well, Yahweh provided a way for me to go!  The president of dads work is a christian man and a gift from God.  He has blessed our family and many others with his kindness.  Every three years he sends people to help missionaries in Germany.  Last time they were building rooms in a big warehouse for the missionaries.  I'm not positive what they are doing this time, but they are building something.  Dad told us about it and said he had signed up to go.  Well Evangela and I wanted to REALLY bad.  We always have wanted to be missionaries, and what was a better way to prepare than to help missionaries?  So we wrote a letter to the president of the company that dad works for and told him that if we could go that we were willing to help out as much as possible and that we would try to save up as much as we could to help pay for our expenses.  We received a letter back from him and with shaking hands and halted breath... we read it.  He said we could go!!!  AND that he was able to cover the expense of the trip!!  We could have never been able to pay fully for the cost.  How good God is!  So now, we are awaiting this summer eagerly.  Who would ever look forward to the German heat?  Well we are!  The only thing I'm not looking forward to is eating sauerkraut. :(  I'll post some pictures of Germany when I get back.
(I know I used a lot of exclamation marks. But I am SOOOO excited!!!!!)

6 comments:

  1. Guten Tag! :) Yes! I can't wait till we go! I guess we had better get to learning some German, eh? Love you!

    -Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! What a great opportunity! I just found your blog, and it is very lovely! I was also wondering if you would like me to make you a header? if you say no that is so totally fine, but I was just wondering. If you want to look at my portfolio go to my main blog: Britt-daughteroftheking.blogspot.com and go to the designing page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I just thought that I would tell you that I replied to your comment on my designing page on my blog=)

      Delete
  3. OH WOW!!! Mikaela, that is soooo exciting!!! Wowzers! I know you all will be a light to those around you. What an incredible witnessing opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait. Please be praying for us that we will be a light.

      Delete
    2. I will! Oh, and I tagged you in a fashion tag post! http://apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com/2013/03/ze-fashion-tag.html#comment-form

      Delete