Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!  Today we celebrate the thirteen colonies becoming a nation.  I love reading about our struggle for independence, fighting for our country.  I only wish I could have been there.  I wish I could have gone through history and listen to the famous words of Patrick Henry "Give me liberty, or give me death!"  And watch the states representatives sign the Declaration of Independence.  I wish I could see John Hancock sign his name so big that "His Majesty can read it without spectacles."  I wish I could travel across the Delaware river with the Continental Army, watch the battle of Bunker Hill, and be at the Edenton ladies tea party.  Maybe even sign their boycott myself.  Listen to the "Star Spangled Banner" for the first time in history, meet General Washington, and dump tea into Boston harbor.  But since I can't, I'll just stay here in present day America, joining the battles of the revolution in my imagination.

(Sorry I posted a day late).

No comments:

Post a Comment